We would like to welcome you to Pinnacle Aviation Academy. Even though there are only about 650,000 licensed pilots in the United States (which is less than 1% of the population) flying does not require superhuman talents and degrees in math and science. Normal people just like you and I learn to fly every day. Learning to fly does take some study but it is very worthwhile when you join that very small, but distinguished group known as aviators.
STEPS FOR BECOMING A PILOT
- You must be able to read, write and speak English.
- Be at least 17 years old (you can start training earlier).
- Apply for a Student Pilot certificate.
- Pass a Third Class medical exam.
- Pass a test on aeronautical knowledge.
- Complete the required flight training for the course.
- Pass a practical test.
How Do You Get Started?
How do you get started? Well it’s easy! The first step is to come out to the airport and interview (yes interview) flight schools. You will want to find a school with friendly, knowledgeable people and quality aircraft. We hope you will choose Pinnacle Aviation Academy!
The private pilot curriculum is made up of two types of learning, study of all aspects of aviation and learning to fly an aircraft. Pilots learn faster by simultaneously studying the materials and flying aircraft. Many people choose to train in a Cessna 152 or a 172. The Cessna 152 is a two-seat trainer and is designed for people training for their private pilot certificates. Some people choose to fly the larger Cessna 172. Normally you will want to fly 2 to 3 times per week. The more frequently you fly, the faster you learn because we all tend to forget details over time.
The study portion of the curriculum may be completed by several methods. One of the methods, which we highly recommend, is the use of computerized self-study at your own pace.
Cessna proudly announces the all new scenario-based flight training course, developed exclusively for Cessna Pilot Centers. This web-based course provides everything you need to obtain your Private Pilot Certificate. It’s been designed to provide you with the knowledge, skills and confidence to embrace your future in aviation. They are an interactive training program which not only provides the Ground School training, but also previews each flight lesson. The flight lesson previews allow you to see what you will be learning in the air – before you go fly.
Cessna Private Pilot Courses Include:
- Enrollment Key — Online course, FREE lifetime updates
- Premium Cessna Pilot Center Flight Bag
- Cessna Pilot Logbook
- E6B Flight Computer and Plotter
- Garmin Pilot VFR Premium — 1-year subscription (a $129.98 value!)
- Online Access to:
- Extensive digital library — FAA Handbooks, FAR/AIM, Cessna Pilot Information Manuals (PIMs) and much more
- Comprehensive flight training syllabus
- Graduation Certificate
Benefits of the Cessna Training Program:
- SAVES YOU TIME! You don’t have to travel back and forth to a ground school class 2-3 times per week.
- CONVENIENCE – You can study when and where you choose! Home, Office or at the flight school.
- REVIEW – you can review the lessons just before your check ride to “freshen up” – also in 2 years when you need a Flight Review, just log into the course and review!
Value of the Cessna Training Program:
- The course includes over 30 hours’ worth of Instructional video lessons – If a Flight Instructor covered all the material in the course it would amount to over $2,200.00 of ground lessons billed!
- The Computer Based Instruction lessons are taught by professionals. They include full motion graphics that could never be reproduced in the class room ground training environment.
- With the Cessna training program minimal additional ground is needed thus lowering the total cost of flight training!
- The course never expires, so you’ll have access to all of the in-depth knowledge sessions and flight previews and can review important topics well after you have completed your training.
As you complete your study of the materials, there are sample tests in the course to prepare you for the required FAA written test. When you are ready to take the test, your instructor will arrange a time and date with our computer-testing center located Pinnacle Aviation Academy. Upon completion of the test, it will be graded instantly and you will receive your certificate before you leave the testing center. Completion of the FAA written test is not required for solo flight, but it is required prior to your final check ride.
FAA Minimum Private Pilot Time:
|35 hours – Cessna 152 @ $150/hr $5,250|
|15 hours – Flight Instruction time @ $85/hr $1,275|
|05 hours – Ground Instruction time @ $85/hr $425|
|10 hours – Stage Check time @ $100/hr $1000|
|Total Training Cost** $7,950|
Average Private Pilot Time:
|55 hours – Cessna 152 @ $150/hr $8,250|
|30 hours – Flight Instruction time @ $85/hr $2,550|
|20 hours – Ground Instruction time @ $85/hr $1,700|
|10 hours – Stage Check time @ $100/hr $1,000|
|Total Training Cost** $13,500|
To begin work toward earning your Private Pilot Certificate
Contact us today at 760-929-1009 and schedule one of our introductory flight lessons.
* The actual training cost depends on the rate of learning of each student.
** In each of the above examples, the cost of study materials, charts and examiner’s fee are in addition to the flight training expense.